Penn State will play LSU in 2020, according to Big Ten composite schedule - The Daily Collegian: Football

|
||

Penn State will play LSU in 2020, according to Big Ten composite schedule

Related Documents

Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:49 pm

Penn State will play LSU at a neutral site on Sept. 5, 2020, according to the Big Ten’s composite schedule, which was updated Wednesday when the conference released its 2018 and 2019 slates.

BTN.com originally linked to the composite schedule in this analysis piece, then pulled the link from the story. Several minutes later, it removed the file of the schedule from the website entirely. The Collegian saved the original PDF, which can be found here.

Although no official announcement has been made by either school, Penn State’s lone game in 2020 on that schedule is “vs. LSU.” All home games just say the opposing team without a “vs.” and away games include “at." Penn State's 2014 schedule has "vs. UCF" in regard to the neutral site game in Ireland.

Penn State Assistant Athletic Director for communications Jeff Nelson said in an email that talks between the two schools have occurred.

"We've talked with them about playing a neutral site game in the future," Nelson wrote.

Michael Bonnette, LSU's sports information director for football, said he wasn't aware of any talks but said, "We’re always looking for ways to make our schedule more attractive and competitive. Playing a team from the Big Ten would do it."

LSU played TCU at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, home of the Dallas Cowboys, earlier this year. The Tigers played Oregon there in 2011, as well, so this could be a potential destination for the Tigers to play Penn State in a neutral site.

Oregon and Ohio State are set to play a two-game home-and-home series beginning in 2020, and Stanford and Northwestern will do the same.

Penn State will also play home-and-home series with Virginia Tech in 2022-23 and West Virginia in 2023-24.

NFL Draft Coverage

DaQuan Jones' father reacts to son's drafting
Posted: May 12, 2014

DaQuan Jones' father endured many hardships while raising his son, but it all paid off Saturday as the Tennessee Titans drafted DaQuan.

Comments (0)
Glenn Carson, Garry Gilliam sign deals as undrafted free agents
Posted: May 10, 2014

Former Nittany Lions Garry Gilliam and Glenn Carson signed with NFL teams after going undrafted. 

Comments (0)
Former Nittany Lions find NFL homes
Posted: May 11, 2014

Forget about Silas Redd and Khairi Fortt? Two NFL teams didn't

Comments (0)
NFL Draft Recap
Posted: May 11, 2014

Three former Nittany Lions were drafted in the 2014 NFL Draft. 

Comments (0)
Tennessee Titans draft DaQuan Jones in the fourth round
Posted: May 10, 2014

DaQuan Jones becomes the second Penn State player to get drafted as the Tennessee Titans selected him.

Comments (0)
Math meets football: Twitter adores John Urschel
Posted: May 10, 2014

Shortly after the Baltimore Ravens drafted John Urschel with the No. 175 pick in the fifth round, fans and teammates took to Twitter to discuss their thoughts.

Comments (0)
Fans, teammates react to Allen Robinson getting drafted
Posted: May 09, 2014

The Jacksonville Jaguars selected wide receiver Allen Robinson with the No. 61 overall pick in the second round. Robinson watched as 10 wide receivers were picked before the Jaguars ended his wait.

Comments (0)
Jacksonville Jaguars draft Allen Robinson in 2nd round of NFL Draft
Posted: May 09, 2014

The Jaguars ended wide receiver Allen Robinson's wait as they selected him with the No. 61 overall pick in the second round. 

Comments (0)
John Urschel's diary: Draft day arrives
Posted: May 09, 2014

John Urschel continues his journal series for the Associated Press with his newest post: Draft Day. 

Comments (0)
Matt McGloin's moxie running dry in Oakland?
Posted: May 09, 2014

With the Oakland Raiders selecting Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr with the No. 36 pick in the second round, the Matt McGloin era in Oakland might be coming to an end.

Comments (0)