Penn State will play LSU in 2020, according to Big Ten composite schedule - The Daily Collegian: Football

|
||

Penn State will play LSU in 2020, according to Big Ten composite schedule

Related Documents

Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:49 pm

Penn State will play LSU at a neutral site on Sept. 5, 2020, according to the Big Ten’s composite schedule, which was updated Wednesday when the conference released its 2018 and 2019 slates.

BTN.com originally linked to the composite schedule in this analysis piece, then pulled the link from the story. Several minutes later, it removed the file of the schedule from the website entirely. The Collegian saved the original PDF, which can be found here.

Although no official announcement has been made by either school, Penn State’s lone game in 2020 on that schedule is “vs. LSU.” All home games just say the opposing team without a “vs.” and away games include “at." Penn State's 2014 schedule has "vs. UCF" in regard to the neutral site game in Ireland.

Penn State Assistant Athletic Director for communications Jeff Nelson said in an email that talks between the two schools have occurred.

"We've talked with them about playing a neutral site game in the future," Nelson wrote.

Michael Bonnette, LSU's sports information director for football, said he wasn't aware of any talks but said, "We’re always looking for ways to make our schedule more attractive and competitive. Playing a team from the Big Ten would do it."

LSU played TCU at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, home of the Dallas Cowboys, earlier this year. The Tigers played Oregon there in 2011, as well, so this could be a potential destination for the Tigers to play Penn State in a neutral site.

Oregon and Ohio State are set to play a two-game home-and-home series beginning in 2020, and Stanford and Northwestern will do the same.

Penn State will also play home-and-home series with Virginia Tech in 2022-23 and West Virginia in 2023-24.

Things you need to know

Your Take

Loading…
Loading…