Penn State will play LSU in 2020, according to Big Ten composite schedule - The Daily Collegian: Football

|
||

Penn State will play LSU in 2020, according to Big Ten composite schedule

Related Documents

Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:49 pm

Penn State will play LSU at a neutral site on Sept. 5, 2020, according to the Big Ten’s composite schedule, which was updated Wednesday when the conference released its 2018 and 2019 slates.

BTN.com originally linked to the composite schedule in this analysis piece, then pulled the link from the story. Several minutes later, it removed the file of the schedule from the website entirely. The Collegian saved the original PDF, which can be found here.

Although no official announcement has been made by either school, Penn State’s lone game in 2020 on that schedule is “vs. LSU.” All home games just say the opposing team without a “vs.” and away games include “at." Penn State's 2014 schedule has "vs. UCF" in regard to the neutral site game in Ireland.

Penn State Assistant Athletic Director for communications Jeff Nelson said in an email that talks between the two schools have occurred.

"We've talked with them about playing a neutral site game in the future," Nelson wrote.

Michael Bonnette, LSU's sports information director for football, said he wasn't aware of any talks but said, "We’re always looking for ways to make our schedule more attractive and competitive. Playing a team from the Big Ten would do it."

LSU played TCU at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, home of the Dallas Cowboys, earlier this year. The Tigers played Oregon there in 2011, as well, so this could be a potential destination for the Tigers to play Penn State in a neutral site.

Oregon and Ohio State are set to play a two-game home-and-home series beginning in 2020, and Stanford and Northwestern will do the same.

Penn State will also play home-and-home series with Virginia Tech in 2022-23 and West Virginia in 2023-24.

Football Columns

My View: Title IX is a scapegoat for college football’s role in decline of NCAA men’s sports
Posted: March 05, 2014

In this article, I argue that Title IX is a scapegoat for the true culprit for the decline in men’s non-revenue sports: the exorbitant spending on football programs by schools which fruitlessly pursue a mirage of revenue.

Comments (0)
In the midst of uncertainty, Penn State needs stability — whether it's Bill O'Brien or his successor
Posted: December 31, 2013

If Penn State brass is out shopping for a new coach in the coming weeks (or days), its representatives need to identify who could also be using this job as a way to boost their personal brand.

Comments (7)
Penn State football: given ‘new normal’ in Happy Valley, 7-5 record even more impressive than 2012 results
Posted: December 02, 2013

There wasn’t a grand reveal to honor Penn State’s season on Senior Day, nor will there be a Maxwell Coach of the Year award waiting for coach Bill O’Brien come winter.

Comments (2)
Purdue coach Darrell Hazell unwise giving Penn State bulletin board material
Posted: November 18, 2013

Hazell thought earlier last week that Penn State’s running game wasn’t on par with Iowa and Wisconsin. Bill O’Brien proved otherwise.

Comments (0)
If Jameis Winston deserves the benefit of the doubt, so does the woman who said she was sexually assaulted
Posted: November 15, 2013

Media, fans and those pesky pundits are responding in a typical way — they’re perpetuating the idea that sexual assault can be the fault of the victim by blindly criticizing a typical 11-month investigation.

Comments (4)
In recruiting ratings, the analysts tab the five-stars, but lower than that? It’s shades of gray
Posted: November 14, 2013

Rating Division I football prospects is a serious business that garners a great deal of national attention. So we had to ask: are these ratings indicative of how a player will perform in college?

Comments (0)
Column: Penn State football once again shows down doesn’t always mean out
Posted: October 13, 2013

A Penn State win appeared hopeless at several points in Saturday’s game against Michigan. But resiliency once again led coach Bill O’Brien’s squad to victory.

Comments (0)
Lions face a gut check in Michigan
Posted: October 11, 2013

The second-year coach said this week it’d be crazy to think Saturday’s all-stadium White Out on ESPN at night is a normal contest.

Comments (0)
Penn State football isn’t perfect, and that’s OK
Updated: October 08, 2013 - 12:00 am

Yes, a Joe Paterno-coached team never lost to Indiana. And no, Penn State didn’t play or coach its best Saturday in a loss to the Hoosiers. But come on, Internet. Settle down.

Comments (0)
Penn State didn’t play horribly Saturday --- it just didn’t play complementary football in a loss to Indiana
Updated: October 08, 2013 - 2:17 pm

While football seems like a game distinctly separated into offense and defense, the two indirectly go hand-in-hand. The units aren’t on the field at the same time, but one affects the other in a major way.

Comments (0)