Search committee to find next Penn State football coach formed - The Daily Collegian: Football

|
||

Search committee to find next Penn State football coach formed

Posted: Monday, November 28, 2011 12:00 am

Penn State acting athletic director Dave Joyner announced Monday the members of the search committee in charge of finding the next head football coach of the Nittany Lions.

Joyner was appointed by Penn State President Rodney Erickson to head the six-person committee, which will meet this week.

The five other members will be: Russ Rose, head coach of Penn State's women's volleyball team; Linda Caldwell, Penn State faculty athletics representative; Charmelle Green, Penn State associate athletic director and senior woman administrator; Ira Lubert, chairman and co-founder of Independence Capital Partners and Lubert Adler Partners; and John Nichols, emeritus professor in the College of Communications and chair of the Coalition on Intercollegiate Athletics.

Tom Bradley is the current head coach of the Nittany Lions on an interim basis. He replaced former head coach Joe Paterno on Nov. 9 after the 84-year-old coach was fired.

NFL Draft Coverage

DaQuan Jones' father reacts to son's drafting
Posted: May 12, 2014

DaQuan Jones' father endured many hardships while raising his son, but it all paid off Saturday as the Tennessee Titans drafted DaQuan.

Comments (0)
Glenn Carson, Garry Gilliam sign deals as undrafted free agents
Posted: May 10, 2014

Former Nittany Lions Garry Gilliam and Glenn Carson signed with NFL teams after going undrafted. 

Comments (0)
Former Nittany Lions find NFL homes
Posted: May 11, 2014

Forget about Silas Redd and Khairi Fortt? Two NFL teams didn't

Comments (0)
NFL Draft Recap
Posted: May 11, 2014

Three former Nittany Lions were drafted in the 2014 NFL Draft. 

Comments (0)
Tennessee Titans draft DaQuan Jones in the fourth round
Posted: May 10, 2014

DaQuan Jones becomes the second Penn State player to get drafted as the Tennessee Titans selected him.

Comments (0)
Math meets football: Twitter adores John Urschel
Posted: May 10, 2014

Shortly after the Baltimore Ravens drafted John Urschel with the No. 175 pick in the fifth round, fans and teammates took to Twitter to discuss their thoughts.

Comments (0)
Fans, teammates react to Allen Robinson getting drafted
Posted: May 09, 2014

The Jacksonville Jaguars selected wide receiver Allen Robinson with the No. 61 overall pick in the second round. Robinson watched as 10 wide receivers were picked before the Jaguars ended his wait.

Comments (0)
Jacksonville Jaguars draft Allen Robinson in 2nd round of NFL Draft
Posted: May 09, 2014

The Jaguars ended wide receiver Allen Robinson's wait as they selected him with the No. 61 overall pick in the second round. 

Comments (0)
John Urschel's diary: Draft day arrives
Posted: May 09, 2014

John Urschel continues his journal series for the Associated Press with his newest post: Draft Day. 

Comments (0)
Matt McGloin's moxie running dry in Oakland?
Posted: May 09, 2014

With the Oakland Raiders selecting Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr with the No. 36 pick in the second round, the Matt McGloin era in Oakland might be coming to an end.

Comments (0)