James Franklin and Penn State football staff welcome first 2015 verbal commits - The Daily Collegian: Football

|
||

James Franklin and Penn State football staff welcome first 2015 verbal commits

Posted: Saturday, February 15, 2014 7:43 pm

After being behind the eight ball trying to solidify the 2014 recruiting class in a matter of weeks, James Franklin and his staff are making it a point to get a jumpstart on the 2015 class.

Their efforts are seemingly paying off after the results of Saturday's Junior Day. Franklin and company picked up their first verbal commitments of the 2015 class in two athletes — Jarvis Miller and Kamonte Carter — and offensive lineman Ryan Bates, according to Ryan Snyder of Blue-White Illustrated, .

Miller, the first to commit, is a two-star prospect from Connecticut and held previous interest from Vanderbilt. Miller is listed at 6-foot-2, 185 pounds.

Carter, a four-star prospect, hails from Maryland, a traditional pipeline state for Penn State in past years. The 6-foot-4, 230-pounder also held offers from Michigan, Michigan State, Pittsburgh, Nebraska and others.

The third is Bates, a four-star offensive tackle coming from Archbishop Wood Catholic high school in Warminster, Pa. The school is a short distance from Langhorne, Pa. — Franklin's hometown.

Bates was also sought after early in the recruiting process, garnering offers from Auburn, Miami (Fla.), Ohio State, Pittsburgh, South Carolina, and others.

With even more recruits on campus for Junior Day, additional verbal commitments aren't out of the question.

Stay with The Daily Collegian for further updates.

They said it

Your Take

Loading…
Loading…