Franklin flips third commit from Vanderbilt to Penn State - The Daily Collegian: Football

|
||

Franklin flips third commit from Vanderbilt to Penn State

Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:00 am

James Franklin has been all over campus the last few days, making appearances at the men’s hockey game, wrestling match and Lady Lions tilt. But that hasn’t stopped him from getting to work on his new football program.

Franklin flipped another Vanderbilt commit, three-star offensive tackle Brendan Brosnan, to Penn State, according to 247Sports.

Penn State’s new head coach got former Vanderbilt commits defensive end Lloyd Tubman and left tackle Chance Sorrell to change their pledges to Penn State this weekend.

Franklin went on the Dan Patrick Show Tuesday morning and talked about a variety of things, including reaction to criticism he received for flipping several Vanderbilt recruits to Penn State.

The coach said he wasn’t sure of the “etiquette” that’s involved with it, but said parents want their kids to be comfortable in college. If they’re comfortable with a coach and he goes elsewhere, then so be it.

“A lot of people say kids should commit to a school, not a coach, but they reality is they do,” Franklin said on the air. “It’s about the relationship aspect. My responsibility is to do everything in my power to make sure that I put a team together that can help Penn State be successful.”

The 6-foot-6, 275-pound Brosnan is the 22nd player in Penn State’s 2014 class, although five enrolled early and count against last year’s scholarship count. He’s the fourth offensive lineman in this class, as well, and had offers from Virginia Tech, Maryland, Boston College and Illinois, among others. He hails from Park Ridge, Ill.

1 comment:

• Yung Yung posted at 11:41 am on Sat, Jan 18, 2014.

Yung Yung Posts: 45

Well it's clear that Vanderbilt admitted three really dumb kids then. And I thought it (Vanderbilt) were intellectual.

Loading…
Loading…

NFL Draft Coverage

DaQuan Jones' father reacts to son's drafting
Posted: May 12, 2014

DaQuan Jones' father endured many hardships while raising his son, but it all paid off Saturday as the Tennessee Titans drafted DaQuan.

Comments (0)
Glenn Carson, Garry Gilliam sign deals as undrafted free agents
Posted: May 10, 2014

Former Nittany Lions Garry Gilliam and Glenn Carson signed with NFL teams after going undrafted. 

Comments (0)
Former Nittany Lions find NFL homes
Posted: May 11, 2014

Forget about Silas Redd and Khairi Fortt? Two NFL teams didn't

Comments (0)
NFL Draft Recap
Posted: May 11, 2014

Three former Nittany Lions were drafted in the 2014 NFL Draft. 

Comments (0)
Tennessee Titans draft DaQuan Jones in the fourth round
Posted: May 10, 2014

DaQuan Jones becomes the second Penn State player to get drafted as the Tennessee Titans selected him.

Comments (0)
Math meets football: Twitter adores John Urschel
Posted: May 10, 2014

Shortly after the Baltimore Ravens drafted John Urschel with the No. 175 pick in the fifth round, fans and teammates took to Twitter to discuss their thoughts.

Comments (0)
Fans, teammates react to Allen Robinson getting drafted
Posted: May 09, 2014

The Jacksonville Jaguars selected wide receiver Allen Robinson with the No. 61 overall pick in the second round. Robinson watched as 10 wide receivers were picked before the Jaguars ended his wait.

Comments (0)
Jacksonville Jaguars draft Allen Robinson in 2nd round of NFL Draft
Posted: May 09, 2014

The Jaguars ended wide receiver Allen Robinson's wait as they selected him with the No. 61 overall pick in the second round. 

Comments (0)
John Urschel's diary: Draft day arrives
Posted: May 09, 2014

John Urschel continues his journal series for the Associated Press with his newest post: Draft Day. 

Comments (0)
Matt McGloin's moxie running dry in Oakland?
Posted: May 09, 2014

With the Oakland Raiders selecting Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr with the No. 36 pick in the second round, the Matt McGloin era in Oakland might be coming to an end.

Comments (0)