Franklin flips third commit from Vanderbilt to Penn State - The Daily Collegian: Football

|
||

Franklin flips third commit from Vanderbilt to Penn State

Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:00 am

James Franklin has been all over campus the last few days, making appearances at the men’s hockey game, wrestling match and Lady Lions tilt. But that hasn’t stopped him from getting to work on his new football program.

Franklin flipped another Vanderbilt commit, three-star offensive tackle Brendan Brosnan, to Penn State, according to 247Sports.

Penn State’s new head coach got former Vanderbilt commits defensive end Lloyd Tubman and left tackle Chance Sorrell to change their pledges to Penn State this weekend.

Franklin went on the Dan Patrick Show Tuesday morning and talked about a variety of things, including reaction to criticism he received for flipping several Vanderbilt recruits to Penn State.

The coach said he wasn’t sure of the “etiquette” that’s involved with it, but said parents want their kids to be comfortable in college. If they’re comfortable with a coach and he goes elsewhere, then so be it.

“A lot of people say kids should commit to a school, not a coach, but they reality is they do,” Franklin said on the air. “It’s about the relationship aspect. My responsibility is to do everything in my power to make sure that I put a team together that can help Penn State be successful.”

The 6-foot-6, 275-pound Brosnan is the 22nd player in Penn State’s 2014 class, although five enrolled early and count against last year’s scholarship count. He’s the fourth offensive lineman in this class, as well, and had offers from Virginia Tech, Maryland, Boston College and Illinois, among others. He hails from Park Ridge, Ill.

1 comment:

• Yung Yung posted at 11:41 am on Sat, Jan 18, 2014.

Yung Yung Posts: 52

Well it's clear that Vanderbilt admitted three really dumb kids then. And I thought it (Vanderbilt) were intellectual.

Your Take

Loading…
Loading…
Loading…