Penn State's homecoming and White Out game against Michigan sold out - The Daily Collegian: Football

|
||

Penn State's homecoming and White Out game against Michigan sold out

Posted: Tuesday, October 1, 2013 10:55 am | Updated: 10:59 am, Tue Oct 1, 2013.

Citing Penn State's 2005 victory over Ohio State in the misty rain and the Nittany Lions triumph over Notre Dame in 2007 as examples, the combination of a White Out and night game has been the recipe for an electric environment at Beaver Stadium.

That should be the case once again in less than two weeks.

Penn State's Oct. 12 homecoming contest — an all-stadium White Out —against Michigan is sold out, Penn State athletics announced Tuesday. The game kicks off at 5:00 p.m. and will be televised on ESPN.

Considering the magnitude of hosting the No. 19 ranked and currently undefeated Wolverines, a packed house is no real surprise.

The Lions and Wolverines are meeting for the first time since 2010, and the series has been one dominated by streaks in the past decade and a half.

Penn State has won the last three meetings, but Happy Valley faithful might still be bitter about Michigan's nine-game winning streak over Penn State from 1997 to 2007, which included the 2005 defeat that ended Penn State's hopes at an undefeated season.

While a replay of the Chad Henne-to-Mario Manningham last second touchdown might be hard to stomach, a stadium with upwards of 100,000 patrons would be a welcomed sight for the football program considering the lackluster attendance so far this season.

Penn State's three home games (Eastern Michigan, Central Florida and Kent State) haven't hit 93,000 attendees with the highest announced attendance being 92,855 against the Golden Knights.

Loading…
Loading…

NFL Draft Coverage

DaQuan Jones' father reacts to son's drafting
Posted: May 12, 2014

DaQuan Jones' father endured many hardships while raising his son, but it all paid off Saturday as the Tennessee Titans drafted DaQuan.

Comments (0)
Glenn Carson, Garry Gilliam sign deals as undrafted free agents
Posted: May 10, 2014

Former Nittany Lions Garry Gilliam and Glenn Carson signed with NFL teams after going undrafted. 

Comments (0)
Former Nittany Lions find NFL homes
Posted: May 11, 2014

Forget about Silas Redd and Khairi Fortt? Two NFL teams didn't

Comments (0)
NFL Draft Recap
Posted: May 11, 2014

Three former Nittany Lions were drafted in the 2014 NFL Draft. 

Comments (0)
Tennessee Titans draft DaQuan Jones in the fourth round
Posted: May 10, 2014

DaQuan Jones becomes the second Penn State player to get drafted as the Tennessee Titans selected him.

Comments (0)
Math meets football: Twitter adores John Urschel
Posted: May 10, 2014

Shortly after the Baltimore Ravens drafted John Urschel with the No. 175 pick in the fifth round, fans and teammates took to Twitter to discuss their thoughts.

Comments (0)
Fans, teammates react to Allen Robinson getting drafted
Posted: May 09, 2014

The Jacksonville Jaguars selected wide receiver Allen Robinson with the No. 61 overall pick in the second round. Robinson watched as 10 wide receivers were picked before the Jaguars ended his wait.

Comments (0)
Jacksonville Jaguars draft Allen Robinson in 2nd round of NFL Draft
Posted: May 09, 2014

The Jaguars ended wide receiver Allen Robinson's wait as they selected him with the No. 61 overall pick in the second round. 

Comments (0)
John Urschel's diary: Draft day arrives
Posted: May 09, 2014

John Urschel continues his journal series for the Associated Press with his newest post: Draft Day. 

Comments (0)
Matt McGloin's moxie running dry in Oakland?
Posted: May 09, 2014

With the Oakland Raiders selecting Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr with the No. 36 pick in the second round, the Matt McGloin era in Oakland might be coming to an end.

Comments (0)