Penn State's homecoming and White Out game against Michigan sold out - The Daily Collegian: Football

|
||

Penn State's homecoming and White Out game against Michigan sold out

Posted: Tuesday, October 1, 2013 10:55 am | Updated: 10:59 am, Tue Oct 1, 2013.

Citing Penn State's 2005 victory over Ohio State in the misty rain and the Nittany Lions triumph over Notre Dame in 2007 as examples, the combination of a White Out and night game has been the recipe for an electric environment at Beaver Stadium.

That should be the case once again in less than two weeks.

Penn State's Oct. 12 homecoming contest — an all-stadium White Out —against Michigan is sold out, Penn State athletics announced Tuesday. The game kicks off at 5:00 p.m. and will be televised on ESPN.

Considering the magnitude of hosting the No. 19 ranked and currently undefeated Wolverines, a packed house is no real surprise.

The Lions and Wolverines are meeting for the first time since 2010, and the series has been one dominated by streaks in the past decade and a half.

Penn State has won the last three meetings, but Happy Valley faithful might still be bitter about Michigan's nine-game winning streak over Penn State from 1997 to 2007, which included the 2005 defeat that ended Penn State's hopes at an undefeated season.

While a replay of the Chad Henne-to-Mario Manningham last second touchdown might be hard to stomach, a stadium with upwards of 100,000 patrons would be a welcomed sight for the football program considering the lackluster attendance so far this season.

Penn State's three home games (Eastern Michigan, Central Florida and Kent State) haven't hit 93,000 attendees with the highest announced attendance being 92,855 against the Golden Knights.

Things you need to know

Your Take

Loading…
Loading…