We're talking about sex - The Daily Collegian: Editor In Chief

|
||

We're talking about sex

Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 6:00 am | Updated: 10:44 am, Thu Aug 29, 2013.

Let’s talk about sex.

Yes, we’re bringing back the sex column, but this time bringing you more than just what’s on the female’s mind. We want to hear from the men, too.

On a campus like Penn State, we’re lying if we say sex isn’t highly discussed. From the loud Saturday night conversations on the Blue Loop about who’s going home with who, to the whispered conversations in class Monday morning about what actually transpired, the once taboo subject is no longer a topic left for just the bedroom.

And let’s be honest, the amount of conversation that actually goes on between the sheets is pretty slim anyway.

That’s why from here on out, you can expect to find a sexual issue tackled every week in our Thursday magazine, P.S. — and you’ll get it from both sides of the gender spectrum.

We’re kicking it off with the always awkward and never well-planned first time sexual encounters, and boy, do our columnists have some stories to share.

To keep the conversation more open and honest though, we’re allowing these two staff members to write under the pen names Dick and Jane to give both the male and female perspective. We believe that the less these writers have to worry about being identified for their experiences, the better their columns will be and the more open they will be with you.

But the conversation won’t stop there.

We want to hear from you — the topics you want to see both of them take on, the stories you want to hear, the experiences that really bother you in bed. Just like the columns, anything you share with our writers — who can be reached at dickandjaneTDC@gmail.com — will remain confidential. We want to make this a conversation that we can all benefit from, even if that is just to achieve a better orgasm every now and then.

Over the course of this semester, we hope to give you as college students, as sexual people, as individuals who might not know how to bring it up, the opportunity to talk about sex and talk about it openly. To enjoy what each and every one of us has a right to enjoy.

And most of all, to make this a conversation that doesn’t just exist with the help of some alcohol or a few episodes of “Sex and the City.”

Should you have any questions or want to talk to me about this personally, feel free to contact me at editorinchief@psucollegian.com. My inbox is always open.

Other than that, we hope you’re as excited as we are. Now let’s get talking.