Jeff Dunham’s Comedy Leaves Penn State Hysterical - The Daily Collegian: Arts & Entertainment

|
||

Jeff Dunham’s Comedy Leaves Penn State Hysterical

Posted: Thursday, November 7, 2013 2:00 am

One of the widest known ventriloquist comedians in the country has once again graced Penn State with a unique style.

Jeff Dunham and his cast of uncensored puppets came to the Bryce Jordan Center last night as part of Dunham’s Disorderly Conduct Tour for a night of crude comedy.

As he did last year, Dunham promised he wouldn’t bring up the “Sandusky controversy” that occurred at Penn State, but as expected, a plethora of jokes were imminent, and the crowd easily laughed them off.

Dunham started the show with a slideshow featuring photos of his dysfunctional parents and described his grandpa as that from The Simpsons.

State College resident Jennifer Nichloson called Dunham “naturally funny” and said she really enjoyed the Little Jeff puppet Dunham brought out who called the performance a puppet show guarded by security.

She added that she enjoyed the off-color Penn State jokes because “just like all comedy, take it like a grain of salt,” Nichloson said.

Other puppets brought out through the night were Walter the Grumpy Retiree and the hyperactive purple Monster, Peanut, among others.

One of Dunham’s puppets, Achmed the Dead Terrorist, greeted the audience with, “good evening infidels,” and went on to talk about his life as a terrorist, his desire for a butt and religion in his country.

“There’s a guy next door to me that prays 30 times a day. He’s a Steelers fan,” he said.

The hyper ball of energy, Peanut, was later brought out wearing a costume that resembled Batman calling himself “Batnut” and told the crowd of his favorite superheroes from around the globe —hitting every racial stereotype imaginable.

Joshua Sennett, (freshman- business management) said seeing Dunham live compared to television was one of the greatest experiences ever.

“He is one of a kind,” Sennett said.

Dunham’s odd style of ventriloquism is all but family friendly. However, that has only made him one of the most popular comedians in the country as well as famous in others.

Dunham said at the beginning of the show he even plans on touring Israel next year.

Most Popular